I’ve received eight books I ordered from Amazon.co.uk last week – my first Amazon order ever! I’m so pleased with how the order turned out, and the fast free shipping makes life so much easier.
Also, the books were super cheap – I assume Amazon has some kind of summer sale – but for me the price was shockingly cheap since the books are half the price of what they cost here in Denmark.
But yeah, these are my summer reads I’m going to take on my summer vacation to southern Europe in two weeks (can’t wait!). So my plan is to save the best books for the trip, which also confuses me because I literally don’t know which book to read first.
But here’s an overview of the books if you’re interested!
- L.A Candy by Lauren Conrad – Not because I’m a big Lauren fan, (I don’t even watch The Hills) but I thought it would be interesting to read this book because of its good rankings and reviews. Rumors has it that the book isn’t all fiction, and some of the scandalous events actually happened in real life. Couldn’t miss out on that one.
- The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean – The title and cover made me want to buy it (true story). The book is about a vintage boutique and the dresses’ past lives. It just really sounds fun, girly and entertaining.
- Running in Heels by Helen Bailey – Exactly the book I was looking for – an easy-to-read page-turner with a good storyline. Can’t wait to start reading.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han – I actually got recommended this by MeganHeartsMakeup on Youtube, and she totally sold me. Definitely the best summer-read on the market. Only ordered the first one in the series of three – if I like it, I will definitely order the last ones.
- I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk – Someday in the future I’ll sit in my luxurious hotel room, in New York, and read this. Or.. I’ll probably already have read this before I get to New York, but then I can always use the last pages – which is, (wait for it..) a guide to shopping and eating places and much more. Isn’t that cool?! This book is also the one out of three books – the last two in Hollywood and Paris.
- Moon Lighting and Love Boat by Kate Lace – Before I discovered the possibility of ordering from Amazon, I’ve always wanted to read a book from the Little Black Dress book series. So I picked out the two ones I thought sounded most interesting.
- Girl In The Mirror by Cecelia Ahern – Must admit I read this as soon as the Amazon packet arrived. Mostly because it’s so short (89 pages). The book has gotten some really bad reviews, but well, in my opinion I think it’s OK. It’s true, it is short compared to the fact that it contains two independent stories, Girl in the Mirror and The Memory Maker – but still the Ahern magic was there.
OK, last thing! Bought the book Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote – which I thought I just had to read, since I’m a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. I did not buy it from Amazon, (which is a total fail since it probably would have been much cheaper) but from a little bookstore in Copenhagen. So found out that this version is actually came out April 2011 – so only a couple of months old. The originally one from Truman Capote is from 1999. When you read the description, it’s very chic lit written which is just perfect.
Well, hope you’re going to give these books a try – they’re definitely worth it. More posting is up very soon. Expect to blog a lot either when I’m traveling or when I get home. Right now I’ll have to concentrate on exams coming up.. Wish me luck!